Sunday, September 22, 2013

Theta Phi's at Stevens!





I was once told that sisterhood is forever and that I would be lucky enough to count on sisters from everywhere. Well, I wish I could remember which sister had told me that (for now lets call her truth-teller) so, I can go and tell her that I very much appreciated her not lying to me. :-) 

I joined Theta Phi Alpha Fraternity in the Spring of 2009. By far, it has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Not only did I meet my very best friends in the sorority (umm my Big and Grand Big obviously!) but, I have also met great and loyal sisters from various places. 

This past weekend I was luck enough to meet the Theta Phi Alpha sisters of the Gamma Chi chapter at Stevens Institute of Technology- for the second time. I had gone to their school two years prior and told them the exact same thing that the "truth-teller" had told me. Being a part of Theta Phi Alpha is simply amazing. 


I have been a little "home sick" and missed doing sisterhood activities so, I decided to travel across the river and venture into Hoboken just so I could have my Theta Phi fix. And yes, it did the trick! I got to participate in the itty bitty last bit of recruitment- preference night. This is one of my favorite events and sharing it with Gamma Chi felt completely natural. We were all in synch and complementing each others vocals that it gave me chills! It was as if I've been singing with them for years. When in reality, that was the first time!! Putting on my pin and walking into a house full of penguins was just a treat over the rainbow of amazement. I had truly missed it all. 



Thank you to all the lovely ladies who welcomed me. Especially, to the girls at the house who let me stay with them. And, to that one little penguin who helped coordinate everything with me. 


And a shout out for the reason I crossed the river, the Epsilon class! I hope you girls create magical memories in your collegiate years and have an amazing time with your pledge sisters through out this experience. 




Don't forget to always get your penguin on! 

.... 

For anyone in Hoboken, the chicken factory is a must and bahama mamas has a great happy hour special. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment